Rebar Connection Couplers
The Parallel Threaded Coupler is a full bar strength system (the coupling is stronger than the associated rebar, sometimes referred to as a “Bar Break” connection) allowing a safe, reliable and efficient method of providing continuity of reinforcement through stop ends and element intersections. The adoption of a metric parallel thread on an enlarged bar diameter provides sufficient cross sectional area of material at the joint to outweigh the tensile capabilities of the equivalent diameter reinforcing bar.
This attribute means the performance of the coupling at the joint can be ignored in any structural assessment, in turn this makes the adoption of the couplers over the standard detailed bars a simple exchange. The Parallel Threaded Coupler System has a full CARES Technical approval, this not only verifies the performance of the system in accordance with BS8110 and EC2 it also provides confidence that the components are manufactured and assembled in a fully audited ISO9001 facility.
- Full CARES Technical Approval
- Makes stripping shuttering system easier
- Provides a full bar strength coupling
- No specialist tools required.
- Vertical connections in columns.
- Cantilevered slabs.
- Stair landings.
- Provides reinforcement connections for future developments that may tie into the existing structure