Microsoft has opened its state-of-the-art offices in Leopardstown Racecourse, Dublin. The 34,000 square metre project, valued at €134 million, will house close to 2,000 staff and is the size of 4 football pitches. SDG Construction Technology were delighted to be chosen as a key supplier of acoustic ceilings fitted by Platt & Reilly for the supply of our specialist acoustic Vogl ceiling panels in public areas and open plan offices.
Like many tech multinationals, Microsoft’s space doesn’t fit the mould of a conventional office. The building has five restaurants, a digital lake made up of 125,000 LEDs and even its own bakery. However, unlike other tech giants, Microsoft’s new office is based outside the city centre in the area dubbed the ‘Silicon Docks’.
The building itself has 3,000 seats spread across open-plan floors as well as smaller private areas where meetings or phone calls can be conducted. The open-plan floors created an opportunity for SDG Construction Technology to supply the essential acoustic solution for the large office space. In order to meet acoustic requirements Vogl 10/23R Perforated Acoustic Design Board was the premier solution.
The Vogl 10/23R Perforated Acoustic Design Board achieved the acoustics needs required within the large open plan office environment. The Vogl system has the unsurpassed benefit of the Vogl Seamless Jointing system giving the visual impression of a solid single ceiling structure. Included in the project were Vogl Access Panels which were used in conjunction which the perforated acoustic design boards. The ceiling void is used to accommodate technical installations, such as lighting, air conditioning, sound or sprinkler systems. Vogl Access Panels offer a non mechanical, unbeatable performance system for easy access to services while retaining the aesthetic design of the rest of the ceiling. The Vogl ceiling system provides an unsurpassed acoustic performance with outstanding design features.
- Sturdy, high-quality aluminium frame for dimensional stability
- Diverse perforation patterns factory prepared and ready for delivery ex stock
- Consistency of perforation throughout the ceiling
- Patented jointing system speeds up the install process and seamlessly conceals joints
- Best acoustic characteristics due to factory-applied acoustic fleece – perforated panel inlet
- Customised special designs can be produced
- Convenient access panel opening and closing mechanism with no need for mechanical fixing
- Surrounding seal in the panel frame prevents unwanted air flow and dust deposit
Contact our Acoustic Technical team for more information on acoustic solutions.
Phone: +44 (0) 28 3752 8999