Global tech giant Google, continues to expand their Dublin base with the purchase of The Boland’s Quay site on Dublin’s Barrow Street for €300 million. The development is one of the largest urban regeneration projects to have been undertaken in the city in the last decade.
Google is famously known for featuring unique architecture and design in their office space. The Dublin Quay site expansion is no different.
Due to Googles trademark & bespoke open plan design, a sophisticated acoustic solution was required to ensure a comfortable yet vibrant working environment was achieved.
SDG were called upon to provide an acoustic solution that addressed the specific architectural, design and environmental requirements.
With the expertise of our technical team, SDG recommended the use of Vogl 10/23R Perforated Acoustic Design Board in order to benefit their new premises with unrivalled acoustic soundproofing performance and appealing modern appearance.
The additional benefits of the Vogl Ceiling are its patented seamless jointing system giving the visual impression of a solid single ceiling structure while reducing install time for the onsite team.
Included in the project were Vogl Access Panels which were used in conjunction which the perforated acoustic design boards. These panels offer a non-mechanical, unbeatable performance system for easy access to services while retaining the aesthetic design of the rest of the ceiling.
The Vogl ceiling system provides an unsurpassed acoustic performance with outstanding design features.
- Sturdy, high-quality aluminium frame for dimensional stability
- Diverse perforation patterns factory prepared and ready for delivery ex-stock
- Consistency of perforation throughout the ceiling
- Patented jointing system speeds up the install process and seamlessly conceals joints
- Industry leading acoustic characteristics due to factory-applied acoustic fleece; perforated panel inlet
- Customised special designs can be produced
- Convenient access panel opening and closing mechanism with no need for mechanical fixing
- Surrounding seal in the panel frame prevents unwanted air flow and dust deposits