Pairc Uí Chaoimh Stadium, home of Cork GAA, underwent a significant two-year redevelopment reopening in 2017. The redevelopment included the construction of a new covered spectator stand with the capacity of 13,000 seats.
The construction team, John Sisk & Sons and Engineers, Malachy Walsh & Partners called upon SDG Construction Technology to review the specification drawings of the project of Pairc Uí Chaoimh spectator stand. From this, our technical team quickly advised that the most suitable and effective bearing for the project was the Cipparall Sliding Bearing.
Providing an elastomeric sliding bearing for the connection of two steel members on the stadiums roof allows for sufficient loading and movement in the structure.
Benefits of using Calenburg Ciprall Sliding Bearings include:
- Its fire resistance properties have been officially proven under high load and practical mounting conditions.
- Friction values: The sliding characteristics are proven in regard to the long life of a building under centric and eccentric loading.
- High permissible vertical load.
- Elastic bearing deformation and sliding movement do not influence each other. Mounting, manufacturing and contact area differences are equalised resiliently in the elastomer section. Point and strip loads are not transmitted to the sliding area. The sliding area remains even and format stable.
- Simple mounting, no special finishing required.
Contact our Technical team for more information on our range of bearings.
Phone: +44 (0) 28 3752 8999