Helping Power 75,000 homes in Teesside
- Customer: Lagan Construction Group
- Project: Port Clarence Energy Plant in Teesside
- Product(s) Supplied: Reinforcement Technologies
Once completed, the Port Clarence Energy Plant in Teesside will generate electricity for the equivalent of 75,000 homes across the Tees Valley and elsewhere in the North East of England.
We pride ourselves on our level of service, whether on Irish soil or further afield. SDG worked closely with Lagan Construction Group supplying the Egcodorn Shear Dowels to the Port Clarence Energy Plant project.
This £160 million biomass plant will generate upwards of 300 jobs at the peak of construction and will help the UK achieve its 2020 renewable energy targets.
Egcodorn is a high-performance, corrosion-proof transverse shear force dowel, which transfers maximum loads whilst offering minimal component thickness. When using Egcodorn, it is not necessary to use extensive formwork for expansion joints. The unique corrosion protection system and the use of high-quality materials guarantee the highest levels of safety and reliability.
- Optimum load transmission into the concrete
- Transfer maximum load with minimum component thickness
- Easy, rapid and cost efficient joint production
- Allows for transmission of static and dynamic loads
SDG provided a reliable and scheduled supply of product to Port Clarence Energy Plant in the North of England ensuring peace of mind for the Lagan Construction Group.
Ciaran Donnelly on +44 (0) 28 37528 999